About CDS Exams
CDS or Combined Defence Services exams are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year that gives opportunity to potential and eligible youths to join defence services in order to serve the nation. Candidates can apply for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Officer’s Training Academy, whichever they want as per their educational and age qualification. Selected candidates are then called for an interview by Service Selection Board (SSB).
Eligibility Criteria for candidates to participate in CDS exams
- Age criteria: For unmarried male candidates who want to apply for Indian Military Academy (IMA) age limit is between 19 to 24 years and for Indian Naval Academy (INA) age limit should be between 19 to 22 years. While for Officer’s Training Academy the age limit is 19 to 25 years.
- Educational qualification: IMA and OTA requires candidates who are graduates in any discipline from a recognized university whereas Air Force Academy require candidates with a degree in bachelor of engineering, provided that the candidates have studied physics and mathematics at intermediate level.
CDS Examination Pattern:
For IMA, INA & AFA
For Officer’s training academy
Modes of Entry: Officers
- Indian Military Academy
- Indian Naval Academy
- Air force Academy
- Officers Training Academy
Recruitments to other ranks in Indian army are conducted through below listed exams:
- Indian Army Soldier General Duty Exam
- Indian Army Soldier Technical Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers Clerk/ Store Keeper Exam
- Indian Army Soldier Nursing Assistant Exam
- Indian Army Soldier Tradesman General Duties and Specified Duties Exam
- Indian Army Surveyor Auto Cartographer Exam
- Indian Army Havildar Education
- Indian Army JCO Religious Teacher Exam
- Indian Army JCO Catering Exam
Apart from these, for Indian Navy Examinations:
The Indian Naval Academy caters abandon of opportunities to those people who love to travel and meet new people. There are many challenges and duty is 24*7 but it gives higher returns after remuneration. Below is the examination list to get admitted in Indian Naval Academy:
- Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Examination
- Indian Navy Sailors Metric Entry Recruitment Examination
- Indian Navy Direct Entry Artificer Examination for diploma holders
- Indian Navy Sailors Examination Direct Entry
- Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Examination
- Indian Navy Examination for Education, law and logistics cadre branches.
As far as the IAF or Indian Air Force Examinations are concerned, they are also conducted on the basis of different post. It provides plenty of opportunities to the people who are metric passed or below, or diploma, graduate or post degree holders.
The notification of CDS exam comes in the month of October and June whereas their exams are conducted in the months of February and November