Exam that can give you wings. Aspirants dreaming to work between the sprawling jets can make this dream a reality by stepping on the first step of applying for AFCAT exam. It is a written test organized by Indian Air Force twice every year offering for the post of officers in the IAF. To sit for this competitive exam one has to prepare really hard to crack it. Aim & Achieve offers AFCAT exam coaching at its centers in Delhi. Online mock test, study material, regular classroom program & doubt removal session are provided under afcat coaching in delhi for those aspirants who want to clear afcat written exam. We have specialist faculties who train the candidates during afcat coaching in delhi.
What is AFCAT?
Air Force Common Admission Test or popularly known as AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force that announces recruitment for men who are adventurous and want to join Indian Air Force. They invite eligible candidates to be posted in various branches of I.A.F as commissioned officers in flying department, technical branch and ground duty department.
IAF Program for AFCAT Examination
|Start of submission
||Dec & Aug of Every Year
|Last Date for submission
||Jan & Sept of Every Year
||Feb & Sept of Every Year
|Results for AFCAT 2016
||In the month of April & Oct
|To apply online visit
||AFCAT Online Application Website
Eligibility criteria for candidates to participate in AFCAT exams
- For flying Branch: 20 to 24 years and candidate having a commercial pilot licensed issued by DGCA, they are given relaxation in age upto 26 years.
- For Technical Branch: 20 to 26 years
- For ground duty Branch: 20 to 26 years
- For Flying Branch: it is required for candidates to have graduate degree in any discipline of minimum 3 years from a recognized university with minimum aggregate marks of 60% and have studied physics and mathematics at 10+2 level or else they have degree of B.E or B.Tech from a recognized university for minimum 60% aggregate marks in all papers altogether.
- For technical Branch: It has two posts that candidates can apply for. One is Aeronautical engineer (electronics) and Aeronautical Engineer (mechanical). For those who are applying for former, they would be considered eligible only if they have a minimum four year degree from a recognized university or else they have cleared sections A & B of Associate Membership Examination. Eligible candidates can apply for the latter if they pursue a degree of minimum four years with a recognized university
- For ground duty branch: Graduated degree of minimum three years degree course or a post graduate degree/equivalent diploma for administration and logistics. Whereas candidates who desire to get employed in accounts are must to have graduate degree in commerce or post graduate degree in commerce/CA/ICWA.
AFCAT Examination Pattern:
The AFCAT exam pattern comprises of 100 questions and each question carries 3 marks. Besides, this exam has four sections as given below:
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test
All questions are multiple choice questions and there is negative marking in which 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- General Awareness questions would cover History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics, Civics, Basic Sciences, Defence, Art etc.
- Verbal Ability in English questions would cover Comprehension, Error detection, Synonyms, Antonyms, Test of Vocabulary, Sentence Completion etc.
- Numeric Ability questions would cover Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Simple Interest and Profit & Loss
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test section would cover verbal skills and spatial ability
AFCAT exams are conducted under different air commands. These are:
- Exam centers under Western Air Command includes; Chandigarh, Saraswa, Delhi, Ambala, Dehradun, Jammu, Suratgarh, Nal (Bikaner), Srinagar, Bathinda, Sirsa and Pathankot
- Exam centers under Eastern Air Command includes; Jorhat, Chabua, Bagdogra, Kolkata, Tezpur, Silchar, Guwahati, Shillong, Hashimara and Kalaikunda
- Exam centers under Central Air Command includes; Lucknow, Bareilly, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Patna, Gwalior, Agra, Varanasi
- Exam centers under South Western Air Command includes; Jamnagar, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Pune, Barmer, Mumbai
- Exam centers under Southern Air Command includes Sulur (Coimbatore), Thiruvananthapuram, Thanjavur and Kochi
- Exam centers under Headquarters Maintenance Command Nagpur includes; Nagpur and Ojhar (Nasik)
- Exam centers under r Headquarters Training Command, Karnataka includes; Bangalore, Belgaum, Bidar, Chennai and Hyderabad
Candidates can apply for AFCAT exams either through online or offline mode. You can consult our career counseling team at the Aim & Achieve to guide you better. Consultation and guiding is included in the AFCAT exam coaching course.
- Online Process:
- Login to the Indian Airforce Website with your valid email id
- Upload the scanned copies of matriculation certificates and other educational certificates
- Attach a passport size color photograph in jpeg format (Size:10 to 250 kb)
You can send your fully filled offline application form along with supporting documents and recent passport size photograph to “ AFCAT Cell”. These have to be posted to the Address: AFCAT Cell, Post bag No. 5, R K Puram Main P.O, New Delhi 110066
Selection Procedure for AFCAT
All those who fulfill physical and education qualification are shortlisted for the AFCAT. After the written test, selected ones are required to undergo 3 stages:
- Stage 1 – (Intelligence Testing)
Candidates are to undergo document check, in order to verify whether they meet with the specific eligibility mentioned for a specific post. It is mandatory to clear this stage of testing.
- Stage 2 – (Psychological Testing)
A psychological test followed by group test and Personal interview is conducted. It is usually a 4 day process.
- Stage 3 – (For Flying Branch)
A separate Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT), is conducted, qualifying which candidates need to attend Personal Interview.
Medical Examination will be organized for final selected candidate. Candidates are subjected for medical examination. Medically fit candidates need to undergo further training.
AFCAT Program Details
We offer afcat coaching in delhi for afcat written exam preparation in South Ex Study Centres in New Delhi.
||The 3-4 months AFCAT entrance exam course will include lessons on History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics, Civics, Basic Sciences, Defence, Art , Comprehension, Error detection, Synonyms, Antonyms, Test of Vocabulary, Sentence Completion, Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Simple Interest and Profit & Loss, Verbal skills and spatial ability.
Regular test will map the growth of the student learning the course.
Individual copies of study material will be provided to the students.
Each batch will consist of 15-20 students.
|Features of the Program
- 2 hours session daily (Monday - Friday)
- 15-20 students per batch
- Regular tests
- Constant support until selection
|Who can join this Program
||On first come first served basis
Such candidates who need a well planned & result oriented guide to clear air-force - afcat; are most welcome to join our classroom training program or online mock test for afcat & study materials. We have become ultimate choice for afcat coaching in delhi.