The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India basis law entrance examination conducted by the eighteen National Law Universities (NLUs) on rotation policy for admission in UG & PG Law Program. CLAT & its admission related workout is generally conducted from last month of year (December) to sixth month of following year (June).
Some Interesting Facts about CLAT
- First CLAT was conducted for the first time on 11 May 2008 by NLSIU-Bangalore
- Total seven law schools participated in first CLAT 2008.
- A total number of 1037 seats were offered to be filled by the CLAT 2008.
- The second CLAT, for the academic year 2009-10, was conducted on 17 May 2009 by Nalsar-Hyderabad.
- CLAT 2015 is organized by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- CLAT 2016 is organized by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab.
- 10th CLAT 2017 was organized by Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna.
- 11th CLAT 2018 was organized by The National University Of Advanced Legal Studies (Nuals), Kochi, Kerala.
- The National Law University, Delhi conducts its own separate entrance test known as All India Law Entrance Test.
About CLAT Exam
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is for those candidates who seek to make their career in Law field. Admission in integrated UG Program is offered on the test performance basis for Higher Secondary Examination or the 12th grade passed candidates. Admission in Master of Laws (LL.M) PG Program is offered for those candidates who have Graduation in Law.
This is a two-hours admission test consists of objective type questions on English, general knowledge, basic mathematics, besides legal and logical reasoning.