DSSSB Exam Preparation Course: Aim & Achieve invites admission in DSSB Coaching for such candidates who are willing to get Top preparation for dsssb exam. We offer the best dsssb exam classes and support to get prepared, crack the dsssb exam and secure a job under Delhi Government.
About DSSSB: On the 50th Anniversary year of the Indian Independence, the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi has instituted the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board. The Board has been incorporated with the purpose of recruiting capable, competent, highly skilled individuals by conducting written tests, professional tests and personal interviews wherever as desired. The Board shall hereby committed to develop selection and recruitment procedures that confirm to the global standards in testing, and promise selections by all fair means, of the most competent, capable, and skilled individuals for user departments.
About DSSSB Exam: Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board, DSSSB conducts 1 tier, 2 tiers & 3 tiers examination for various posts of teaching & non-teaching staff under Directorate of Education Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
DSSSB Exams for Which Only TIER 1 or Both TIER I & TIER II or TIER I, TIER II & TIER III are conducted.
||TIER 1 & TIER II
||TIER 1, TIER II & TIER III
Pay Band – 1 Posts
General Posts - LDC, Steno, Steno-typist, Warder, Patwari, C.W., Driver and equivalent posts.
General Posts - Pay Band – 2 Posts
Gr. II-DASS / Head Clerk, Assistants and equivalent posts.
General Posts - Pay Band – 2 Posts
Asstt. Assessor & Collector / Admn. Officer, Zonal Revenue Officer and equivalent posts.
|Pay Band – 1 Posts
Tech. / Teaching Posts - Security Supervisor, DEO, Librarian, Asstt. Sanitary Inspector, ANM, Veterinary and Livestock Inspector, etc.
|Tech. Posts – 1 - Pay Band – 2 Posts
Junior Engineer, Sub Officer, Motor Vehicle Inspector, Food Inspector, Wild Life Inspector, Section Officer (Horticulture), Junior Manager (DFC) and equivalent posts
|Tech. Posts - Pay Band – 2 Posts
Asstt. Director, Asstt. Engineer, Asstt. Law Officer, Manager (DSIIDC), Deputy Manager (DFC), Manager Mech. (DTC), Asstt. Architect and equivalent posts.
|Pay Band – 2 Posts
Trained Graduate Teacher, Nurse, Sound Technician, Primary Teacher, Nursery Teacher, Lab. Technician, Technical Asstt. and equivalent posts.
|Tech. Posts – 2 - Pay Band – 2 Posts
Post Graduate Teacher, Junior Law Officer, Welfare Officer Gr. II, Publicity Officer and District Staff Officer.
- Negative Marking will be applicable and deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each wrong MCQ answer.
- The Board reserves its right to prescribe a minimum cut off mark for any post as per availability of candidates.
- Candidates numbering 6 to 10times of vacancies will be called for Tier – II examination subject to number of vacancies / applicants.
- Skill test / Endurance test will be taken as per requirement of job.
- In Two Tier examinations, Tier I exam to be used for short listing only. Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained in Tier II Examination.
- In Three Tier examinations, Tier I exam to be used for short listing only. Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained in Tier II examination and interview.
- In Three Tier examination scheme, if vacancies are 4 and above, candidates numbering three times of vacancies shall be called for interview. If vacancies are 1, 2 and 3 only, candidates numbering 5, 8 and 10 respectively will be called for interview for those vacancies.
DSSSB PRT/TGT/PGT Exam Pattern: - There will be MCQ type papers of 2 hours duration, comprising of two sections.
TIER I Exam Pattern
||Subject concerned including questions
on teaching methodology/ B.ED.
|100 for PRT/TGT
200 for PGT
|100 for PRT/TGT
200 for PGT
Section B for PGT: For PGT the no. of Question in Section B will be 200 of 200 marks & total time of 3 hours will be given for both Section A & Section B.
Negative Marking Scheme: - There will be negative marking of .25 for each wrong answer.
- Candidates have to qualify in both Section A & B separately as per their category minimum qualifying marks. However the final; merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks of both section A & B.
- The Examination questions will be bilingual (Hindi & English) except for the Language papers which would be in the language concerned only.
TIER II Exam Pattern
There are two parts in TIER II Exam, in first part, there is 200 MCQ type questions of 200 marks & in 2nd part there is descriptive paper in English of either 50 marks or 75 marks. Total time of 3 Hours is allocated to answer both parts. Click here to download detailed DSSSB TIER II Exam Pattern.
DSSSB PRT/TGT/PGT Educational Qualification
- A Bachelor Degree (Honours/Pass) or equivalent from a recognized University having secured 45% marks in aggregate. Relaxation of 45% marks in the aggregate at graduation level can be given in case of
- Candidates who passes a Post Graduate Qualification in any of the teaching subjects.
- Belonging to SC/ST
- Physically handicapped candidates
- Degree/Diploma in Training Education or SAV certificate.
- Working knowledge of Hindi
- Should have qualified CTET from CBSE
DSSSB PRT/TGT/PGT Pay Scale: - 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4600 Group: ‘B’ Non-gazetted
DSSSB PRT/TGT/PGT Exam Age Limit: - Below 32 years for TGT Posts & 36 Years for PGT Posts. Age Relaxation will be given as per the govt. norms. Other age relaxation criteria are given below.
- Women Candidates: - Relaxation of 10 years.
- Kashmiri Migrant Teachers: - One time relaxation in the upper age limit for the numbers of years served as teacher in Dte. Of Education.
- Guest/Contract teachers: - Relaxation in upper age as a onetime measure upto the actual time spent as guest/contract teacher in Dte. Of Education, subject to a maximum of 5 years provided they have worked for at least 120 working days in that particular year (this would be applicable to those guest/contract teachers who have worked for the academic years 2012-13, 2013-14,2014-15, 2015-16 & 2016- 17).
DSSSB PRT/TGT/PGT Exam Syllabus
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test knowledge of Current Events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to History, Polity, Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions etc.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability: The syllabus of General Intellegence & Reasoning Ability includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. Test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
- Arithmetical & Numerical Ability : The test of Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Data Interpretation, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs etc.
- Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English and Hindi Languages, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. would also be covered.
- Post specific subject related questions: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions on the subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for the post.
Some Basic Facts of DSSSB Exam
- DSSSB publishes recruitment notifications once in a year
- Exams for PRT, TGT & PGT is of One Tier
- Duration of the Exam will be 2 Hours
- Negative marking would be applied @ 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
- KVS recruits Teachers for All India Level.
- No Negative marking will be applied in KVS Exams
- Final Selection in KVS is based on marks scored in Written & Interview
- Qualifying CTET is must for PRT & TGT in KVS & DSSSB both
DSSSB PRT/TGT/PGT Subjects Bifurcation
|DSSSB – Common Paper
||Main Subjects for TGT
||Main Subjects for PGT
|General Knowledge – 20 Marks
||ENGLISH, हिंदी, एवं संस्कृत भाषा व साहित्य
||ENGLISH, हिंदी एवं संस्कृत
भाषा व साहित्य
|Numerical Ability – 20 Marks
||SOCIAL STUDIES (सामाजिक अध्ययन)
||Commerce,Economics, Computer Science
|Reasoning Ability – 20 Marks
||SCIENCE (विज्ञान) & MATHS (गणित)
||History,Geography, Political Science
|हिंदी भाषा – 20 Marks
||Computer Science (कम्प्यूटर विज्ञान)
||Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Home Science
|English Language – 20 Marks
||Commerce, Biology, Home Science
|Educational Psychology – 100
DSSSB Recruitment Notification
Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board will conduct DSSSB Recruitment 2017 to fill 9232 vacancies.Candidates can apply online for DSSSB Teacher’s post from 5th January to 31st January 2018. Candidates qualifying all the phases of examination will be finally selected for the post of TGT, PGT and Assistant Teachers Posts.
DSSSB Application Fees
A candidate needs to pay Rs. 100/- as his/her application fee for DSSSB 2017 Exam. Female candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWD/ex. Servicemen category are exempted from paying the application fee. Candidates can pay their application fee online only through SBI e-pay.