Eligibility Criteria for CLAT
Only Indian nationals and NRIs can appear in the test. The foreign nationals desirous of taking admission to any course in any of the participating Law Universities may directly contact the concerned University having seats for foreign nationals.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for Under-Graduate (5 Years) Program
- Educational Qualification: Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates). Students whose results are awaited can also appear in the test; however they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying exam at time of admission.
- Age: As per the new rules, there will be no upper age limit for UG Programme.
- Tie Breaker: In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following criterion respectively, Higher marks in legal reasoning section, Higher age, Computerized draw.
Eligibility Criteria for (1 Year) Post-Graduate Program
- Educational Qualification:
- LL. B/B. L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC and ST candidates).
- Students whose results are awaited can also appear in the test; however they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying exam at time of admission.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through supplementary/ compartment and repeat attempts are also eligible for appearing in the test and taking admission provided that such candidates will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with fifty-five/fifty percent marks, as the case may be, on the date of their admission or within the time allowed by the respective universities.
- Age: No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2020 PG Program.
*Note: Information has been updated as per CLAT 2020.