NDA Entrance Examination
NDA/NA (National Defence Academy & Naval Academy) examination is conducted by UPSC and held twice a year. The exam held in Apr-May is known as NDA/NA(I) for admission in Dec course. NDA/NA(II) is held in Sept-Oct for admission in Jul course.
- Scheme of Examination
- Written Examination
- Paper I – Mathematics
- Paper II – General Ability
- SSB ( Psychological Aptitude and Intelligence Test)
- Stage I (on day one of SSB)
- Stage II (if candidate qualify Stage I)
- PABT (if Air Force is mentioned as a choice)
- Topics covered
- Basic perception, Intelligence – verbal & non-verbal
- Psychological projective personality word association (WAT)
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)
- Situation Reaction Test (SRT)
- Group Indoor Test – Group Discussion, Group planning
- Group Outdoor Test – Command Tasks, Group task, Half Group task, Individual/Group Obstacle Race
- Personality Interview
- Medical Examination
- To test mental & physical fitness according to prescribed standards.
- Tentative Dates (Twice a year)
- Notification of exam : Oct-Nov & Apr-May
- Written Exam date : Apr-May & Sept-Oct
- SSB dates : Sept-Oct & Jan-Apr
- Tentative Vacancies/Course
- Age Limits
- 16 ½ years to 19 ½ years
- 2nd Jan - 1st Jul for Dec Course & 2nd Jul - 1st Jan for Jul Course
- Army – 12th class qualified in any stream
- AF/Navy – 12th class qualified with Physics and Mathematics
- Marital Status
NDA/NA Written Examination
- For detailed written syllabus visit NDA Written Exam Syllabus
- The test paper will consist of multiple choice questions. Candidate will have to choose the correct option out of four provided options.
- The Mathematics paper and Part “B” of General Ability paper will set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- Wherever required, metric system of units will be set.
- Candidate will have to write the paper in their own hands. Scribes will not be allowed in any circumstances.
- Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all subjects.
- Usage of calculators, mathematical or logarithmic tables will not be allowed.