[UPSC Exam Coaching]
NDA Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Can female/girl candidates apply for NDA entrance exam?
Answer: No, Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA entrance exam.
- Question: How many times NDA entrance exam are conducted?
Answer: NDA entrance exams are conducted twice a year i.e. NDA I in April & NDA II in September.
- Question: What are the qualifications required to appear in NDA entrance exam?
Answer: For Indian Army wing, candidates should be 12th passed and for Indian Navy & Indian Air Force, candidates should be 12th passed with Physics & Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Question: What is the age limit for NDA entrance exam?
Answer: A candidate should be age of between 16 ½ to 19 ½ years.
For NDA I 2018, students should born between 2nd July 1999 & 1st July 2002
For NDA II 2018, students should born between 2nd January 2000 & 1st July 2003
*Both dates are inclusive. **Age calculation will be date from the date of NDA Course Commencement.
- Question: Is there any specific % require to apply for NDA?
Answer: No. As per the NDA notification & UPSC website, there is no such criteria is mentioned.
- Question: Is there any specific 12th board required for appearing in NDA entrance exam?
Answer: Students from any state board, CBSE & ICSE board can appear in NDA entrance exam.
- Question: How many attempts are allowed for appearing in NDA entrance exams?
Answer: There is no such no. of attempts is mentioned in NDA notification or on UPSC website. Students can attempt till they fulfill the age criteria of NDA application.
- Question: Which organization conducts NDA entrance exams?
Answer: UPSC conducts NDA entrance exams.
- Question: What is the application fee to apply for NDA I 2018 exam?
Answer: Application fee for NDA I 2018 is Rs.100. SC & ST are exempted from payment of fee.
- Question: What is the mode of submitting NDA Exam application?
Answer: There is only online mode of submitting application for NDA exam. Although payment of fee can be done either online or deposited the money in the branch of SBI.
- Question: What is the last date to apply NDA I 2018?
Answer: The Online Applications can be filled up to 5th February, 2018 till 6.00 PM.
- Question: What is the NDA selection procedure?
Answer: The selection of candidates is done on the basis of written exam followed by Intelligence and Personality Test - SSB/Interview & Medical fitness test. Written test of Mathematics – 300 Marks – 2 ½ Hrs & General Ability Test (English -200 Marks & General Knowledge – 400 Marks) – 600 Marks – 2 ½ Hrs will be taken. Successful candidates then will be called for SSB Test/Interview – 900 Marks. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- Question: What is PABT?
Answer: The candidates, who are applying for Air Force wing as First choice & one of the choice as Air Force subject to their eligibility and if they are so willing, have to separately qualify the PABT - Pilot Aptitude Battery Test. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test is an aptitude test designed and conducted for all those candidates who aspire and apply for a flying career in the Air Force. The main aim is to test the mental alertness, presence of mind and self-confidence of the candidate. It checks whether a prospective candidate has proper control over his nerves while he is flying an aircraft. For this, the candidate is put through tests including meter reading, flying test and drum test. Now CPSS (Computerized Pilot Selection System) is being used in place of PABT. Any candidate can appear only once in PABT or CPSS.
- Question: What is SSB?
Answer: SSB stands for Service Selection Board, having responsibility to conduct Interview - Intelligence and Personality Test to evaluate prospective candidates for recruitment in the Army, Navy and Air Force. There is no limit on the number of attempts for SSB Interview. The selection system is designed over a five-day process, Day 1 is the screening test, Day 2 is the Psychologist Tests, Day 3 & 4 is the group tasks and Day 5 is the Conference (Results). The personal interview will be conducted either in day 2,3 or 4 during the post lunch or evening hours.
- Question: What is the date of course commencement for selected candidates in NDA I 2018?
Answer: For the candidates who qualifies NDA I 2018 Exam, the course will be commencing from 2nd January 2019 for 141st Course at NDA & 103rd Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
- Question: I have passed NDA written exam. What should I do next for SSB?
Answer: After having cleared the NDA written examination the candidates should log on to the following websites for their ssb centre & date of interview :- joinindianarmy.nic.in, joinindiannavy.gov.in, careerairforce.nic.in
* Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of Commission i.e. Permanent or Short Service, shall be entitled for AC III Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits only once.
- What are the lists of documents required to appear in SSB?
The following documents are required to appear in SSB.
(a) Original Matric, BE/B Tech Degree certificate / mark sheet.
(b) Ten passport size un-attested photographs.
(c) One pair White PT shoes, two pairs each white socks, white shorts, white T-shirts and two pairs of formal trousers and shirts (sober colour).
(d) Print out of Call letter.
(e) Risk certificate duly signed by parent / guardian to state 'candidate (name) attending SSB with parent's / guardian's consent and at his own risk. Parent / guardian is not entitled to claim any compensation or relief from government for injury sustained during SSB interview.
* Candidates have to report at the concerned Railway Station before 14:30 hrs on the reporting date. A representative from the SSB will be present at the railway station for reception. In case of any difficulty, candidates can contact the MCO office.
- Is there any standard height of the candidates required for NDA?
Yes, the minimum acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force). For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable heights will be 5 cms. less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
NDA Informatic Links
CDS Informatic Links