About RBI Assistant Exam
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Assistant:
(a) Age (as on 01.06.2015)
Between 18 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/06/1987 and not later than 01/06/1997 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:- Upper age limit will be relaxed as under :
||Relaxation in Age
||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)
||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years
||Other Backward Classes (OBC)
||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years
||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)
||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.
||Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married
||By 10 years
||Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.
||By 5 years
||Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India
||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.
NOTE: Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under the above items or in combination with any other items.
Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview.
(b) Educational Qualifications (as on 03.07.2015):
i) At least a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependants of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
iii) Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
(c) Scheme of Selection:
Selection will be through Online Examination and Interview. The Online Examination will be for 200 marks
||Name of Tests (Objective)
||No of Questions
||Test of Reasoning
||Test of English Language
||Test of Numerical Ability
||Test of General Awareness
||Test of Computer Knowledge
i) The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
ii) A candidate has to qualify in each part of the Objective test separately. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
iii) Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI's website.
iv) Roll No. of the candidates successful in online examination will be available on RBI's website and a brief notice thereof will be published in leading newspapers in last week of August , 2015.
v) Only such number of candidates will be called for interview who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies to be filled in.
vi) Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in the online examination and interview taken together in order of merit.
How to Apply for RBI Assistant
Detailed Guidelines & Procedures for
- APPLICATION REGISTRATION
- PAYMENT OF FEES
Candidates can apply online only from 12.06.2015 to 03.07.2015 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload (Annex I).
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with /mention e mail id to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
(iii) Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable)
Payable from 12.06.2015 to 03.07.2015 (Online payment)
- 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- 450 /- for OBC/General candidates (Examination fee+ Intimation Charges)
Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
A. Application Procedure
- Candidates to go to the RBI website www.rbi.org.in and click on the option "APPLY ONLINE" which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
B.PAYMENT OF FEES
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
RBI Assistant Call Letter
Candidates will have to visit the RBI website for downloading call letters for online test . Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for call letter download. The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Call Letter (ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in clause (xii) below and also specified in the call letter and photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.