Indian Air Force – IAF has announced Air Force Common Admission Test, AFCAT, via Notification – 01 / 2016. AFCAT 2016 Exam will be held on 21st February 2016 (Sunday). Eligible Candidates can apply only online for AFCAT 2016 Exam.
Last date of submitting online form for AFCAT 2016 Exam is 31st December 2016.
This AFCAT 2016 Exam is being conducted for both men and women for granting Short Service Commission (SSC) degree in flying branch and permanent/short service commission in technical and ground duty branches for the course commencing in January 2017.
After clearing AFCAT 2016 Exam, the shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB (Services Selection Board) test, followed by medical fitness tests.
Important Dates for AFCAT 2016 Exam
|Start of submission of forms||5 Dec 2015|
|Last Date for submission||31 Dec 2015|
|Exam Date||21 February 2016|
|Results for AFCAT 1 2016||End of March 2016|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|To apply online visit||AFCAT Online Application Website|
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT 2016 Exam
Age: For Flying Branch Age should be 20 to 24 years, for Technical Branch 20 to 26 and for Ground Duty Branches 20 to 26 years.
Educational Qualifications for AFCAT 2016 Exam:
- For Flying Branch: BE/BTech/Graduates in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate have passed with Maths and Physics at 10+2 level.
- For Technical Branch:
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics): Candidates applying for AE (L) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognised University or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies.
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical). Candidates applying for AE (M) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognised University or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautic.
- For Ground Duty Branches:
- Administration & Logistics: Graduate Degree (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together or a Post Graduate Degree / equivalent Diploma in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together
- Accounts: Graduate Degree in Commerce (B Com)(Minimum three year degree course) with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together or Post Graduate Degree in Commerce (MCom) / CA/ ICWA with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together
- Education: Post Graduate Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
How to Apply for AFCAT 2016 Exam
If you meet the eligibility criteria as set for AFCAT 2016 Exam, then candidature can apply it online on IAF website. While filling online application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents with you, as details are to be filled as per matriculation & other educational certificates. Please save your recent colour passport size photograph of size 10 to 50 KB in the computer for uploading it with your online application form.
Steps for online registration for AFCAT 2016 Exam are given below
- Open website of IAF careerairforce.nic.in
- Click on “CANDIDATE LOGIN” and the click new candidate.
- Fill the form with correct details & upload the photograph.
- Submit the form
- Note down Registration number for future correspondence.