UPSC has announced the NDA 2016 Phase I Exam Notification via notification no. 02/2016.NDA-I on 2nd Jan 2016. Those candidates who are studying in 12th or passed 12th Board examination in 2015 & having age between 16 1⁄2 to 19 years; can apply this NDA I 2016 exam for admission in National Defence Academy & Naval Academy.
Last date to Apply: 29th January, 2016 till 11.59 PM.
NDA I 2016 Examination Date: 17th April, 2016
UPSC URL to Apply Online: http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
Official Notification: Download NDA I 2016 Exam Notification
Mode of Written Examination: Pen & Paper Based (Offline Mode)
Note: Submitting the Application, downloading the admit card will be done through online on UPSC website.
An all India based national level examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 17th April, 2016, for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 137th Course, and for the 99th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd January, 2017. The candidates joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B. Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
NDA I 2016 Total Vacancies Details
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of NDA I 2016 Exam examination results are given below.
|National Defence Academy||208 for Army|
|42 for Navy|
|70 for Air Force|
|Sub Total for NDA||320|
(10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
NDA I 2016 Scheme Of Examination
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows :—
|General Ability Test||02||2½ Hours||600|
Note: The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (test booklets) of Mathematics and part “b” of general ability test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
Negative Marking: There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate. One third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
NDA I 2016 Examination Centres: The NDA I 2016 Examination will be held at the following Centres: Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
NDA I 2016 Application Fee
- For General Candidates: Rs.100
- SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/Ors: exempted from payment of fee
How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature. The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 2nd January, 2016 to 29th January, 2016 till 11.59 PM after which link will be disabled.
Steps of Application Process
- Visit upsconline.nic.in website
- Click “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
- Then Click Part-I Registration: – In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Then proceed for Part-II Registration which consists of following Stages. Filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph and Signature and agreeing to declaration.
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can pay application fee online though SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode, should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
Admit Card: The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
There will be two-stage selection procedure. Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one 14 test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of:
- Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth
- Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Every candidate for the air force is given computerized pilot selection system (CPSS) and pilot Aptitude test (which forms the whole PAB Test) only Once.
- After Having Cleared The Written Examination The Candidates Should Log On To The Following Websites For Their SSB Centre & Date Of Interview: joinindianarmy.nic.in, www.joinindiannavy.gov.in & www.careerairforce.nic.in