UPSC has released official notification of National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) Examination (II) 2018 for the admission to Indian Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy. NDA II 2018 exam is giving a great opportunity for those young Indians who want to serve our nation by joining defence.
NDA written exam is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year known as NDA I April Exam & NDA II September Exam for recruiting candidates in Indian Army, Navy and Air force wings.
Key points of NDA II 2018 Exam
- NDA II 2018 exam is going to be held on 09.09.2018 (Sunday).
- After qualifying the NDA written exam, candidates will be called for 5 days interview process organized by the Service Selection Board (SSB).
- NDA/NA II 2018 is being conducted for admission in 142nd Course at NDA, and for the 104th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
- The Batches at NDA will start from 2nd July 2019
- Total no. of vacancy in this year is 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force) and Naval Academy: 44 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme).
- Only unmarried male candidates who are appearing in 12th board exam or passed 12th Class and whose age not earlier than 02nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2003 i.e. age between 16 ½ to 19 ½ years. are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in. Candidates (except Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes) have to Pay Rs.100/- in the form of Cash in any Branch of SBI or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India.
Important dates for NDA & NA (II) 2018 Exam
|Starting Date to Apply Online||06.06.2018|
|NDA & NA (II) 2018 Last Date to Apply Online||02.07.2018 by 6.00 PM.|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee – Offline||01.07.2018 by 23.59 hrs.|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee – Online||02.07.2018 by 6.00 P.M.|
|Availability of e-Admit Cards||3 Weeks before the commencement of examination|
|Date of Written Examination||09.09.2018(SUNDAY)|
|Written Examination Results||December 2018|
|SSB Interview||January 2019 to April, 2019|
|Commencement of Course||2nd July 2019|
|Official Notification||Click here to view NDA II 2018 Notification|
|Online Application URL||Click here for registration|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC NDA & NA (II) Exam 2018
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy:-12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :-12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2003 are eligible.
SC/ST candidates/ Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from payment of fee.
Others are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Offline Payment Process
Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 01.07.2018 i. e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Payin- slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6:00PM of 02.07.2018.
Online Payment Process
Candidates can pay application fee by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.