When it comes to ssc cgl coaching in South Delhi by Top teachers at Budget SSC Coaching Fees, you will find many coaching institute in South Delhi, claim the best ssc preparation facility they have. But this is the only hallucination.
So, Your search for the best institution among the top 10 ssc cgl coaching in South Delhi region ends here. Aim & Achieve; A reliable name in the field of SSC Coaching in Delhi on which you can bank your trust for ssc cgl (ssc cgl tier 1, ssc cgl tier 2 & ssc cgl tier 3) preparation. Along with ssc cgl coaching classes, Aim & Achieve offers the best coaching classes for ssc chsl – deo/ldc, ssc cpo, si & asi in delhi police & ssc stenographer exams preparation.
Important Details on SSC CGL Exam Pattern, Syllabus, SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates & SSC CGL Previous Year Questions Trend & weightage are given below.
The SSC CGL Exam will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below :
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -III — Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier -IV — Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL TIER 1 Exam Pattern: It is an objective Type Online Exam & there is no sectional Cut Off.
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- Time Duration is 60 minutes (1 hour) for 100 questions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I Exam.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Syllabus
General Intelligence & Reasoning : It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figurative classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series.
Coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization.
Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
Topic wise Questions
|Topic||Number of Questions asked|
|Visual Reasoning (Unfolding, Mirror, Counting)||4-5|
General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Topic wise Questions
|Topic||No. of questions asked|
|Sports, Books & Author, Important people||0-2|
|Dates, Portfolios, Schemes||1-2|
|Computer and Mobile Technology||0-2|
|Diseases, environmental pollution||1-2|
Quantitative Aptitude : The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School.
Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallel0piped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Topic wise Questions
|Topic||Number of Questions|
English Comprehension : Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. Questions will be based on will be based onspot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences.
Passage, Cloze test are asked.
Topic wise Questions
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension 1 passage||5|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Synonyms / Antonyms||2-4|
|Idioms / One word substitution||2-3|
SSC CGL TIER II Exam Pattern:- It will also be Objective Type Online Paper.
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
(Finance and Economics)
- Time Duration is 120 minutes (2 Hour) for Each of the Papers.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
NOTE:- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler & Paper IV is only for Assistant Audit Officer..
- Paper-IV will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG. The said paper would comprise two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks. In all there would be 100 questions carrying 200 Marks with each question carrying two marks.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 Syllabus:-
Paper-I Quantitative Ability : The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work.
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle.
Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Paper-II English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
Paper-III Statistics for Investigator Grade-II:
- Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
- Measures of Central Tendency– Common measures of central tendency – mean median andmode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
- Measures of Dispersion– Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
- Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables only).
- Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial , Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variable (discrete).
- Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non-probability sampling techniques(simple randomsampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
- Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
- Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
- Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
- Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
Paper IV General Studies (Finance and Economics) for the post of Assistant Audit Officer in Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG.
Part A: Finance and Accounts – (80 marks)
Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting. Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Basic concepts of accounting : Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance – (120 marks)
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role and responsibility.
- Finance Commission-Role and functions.
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer’s behaviour-Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
- Theory of Production and cost Meaning and Factors of production; Laws of production- Law of variable proportions 22 and Laws of returns to scale.
- Forms of Market and price determination in different markets Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly ad Price determination in these markets.
- Indian Economy Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors-Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth; National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income
Population -Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
- Economic Reforms in India Economic reforms sice 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation and Disinvestment.
- Money and Banking Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
- Role of Information Technology in Governance.
SSC CGL TIER III Exam
An additional stage of Examination, i.e. Tier-III, has been introduced w.e.f. CGLE, 2016. Details about Tier III Exam is given below……….
- Tier III would be a Descriptive type paper of 100 marks in Pen and Paper mode.
- The duration of the paper would be one hour (60 Minutes).
- This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay/ Passage of 250 words and Letter /Application Writing of approximately 150 words.
- The qualifying marks in Tier-III would be 33 per cent. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated. The questions in this paper would be of 10+2 standard.
SSC CGL Tier-IV of the Examination would continue to be the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) which would be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Schedule
|Date of Notification & Application Start Date||16.05.2017|
|Closing of Application Date||16.06.2017|
|SSC CGL 2017 TIER I Exam Date||from 01.08.2017|
|SSC CGL 2017 TIER II Exam Date||from 10.11.2017|
|SSC CGL 2017 TIER III Exam Date||21.01.2018|
|Official Notification||SSC CGL 2017 Notification|
|Online Application URL||ssconline.nic.in|
|SSC Official Website||ssc.nic.in|
Our Salient Features
- Small batch size
- Senior & experienced faculties
- Free study material
- Free online test series
- Doubt clearing sessions
- Regular Daily/Weekly/Monthly topic wise & full length test
Admission Announcement: Admission for SSC CGL Coaching Classes is going on. Call us at 08826590321 for more details like batch commencement date, timing & SSC CGL Coaching fees. You will be in safe hand for your need of the best SSC CGL Coaching in Delhi.