SSC Recruitment 2016 for Combined Graduate Level Posts (Group B & C) has been announced by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on 13th February 2016 for TIER I Phase. In the first phase SSC CGL TIER I examination will be held on 8th May 2016 & 22nd May 2016. Eligible & Interested candidates can apply online on SSC website till its closing date i.e. 14th March 2016. There will no other medium of applying for SSC CGL 2016 TIER I Exam. This exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen & Paper Based. It might possible that SSC can conduct the exam in ONLINE MODE. One of the most important news for this SSC CGL Recruitment is that there will be no interview as it has been abolished by decision of govt.
Important information on SSC CGL 2016 Eligibility, SSC CGL 2016 Exam Pattern, SSC CGL 2016 Syllabus, How to Apply SSC CGL 2016 Exam, SSC CGL 2016 Admit Card, SSC CGL 2016 Selection Process & SSC CGL Pay Scale Date are given below.
To read SSC CGLE changes click SSC CGL New Exam Pattern – As per SSC Notification for CGLE 2016
SSC CGL 2016 Important Date
|Date of Notification & Application Start Date||13.02.2016|
|Closing of Application Date||14.03.2016|
|SSC CGL 2016 TIER I Exam Date||08.05.2016 & 22.05.2016|
|SSC CGL 2016 TIER II Exam Date||13.08.2016 (Saturday) & 14.08.2016 (Sunday)|
|Official Notification||SSC CGL 2016 Notification|
|Online Application URL||sscregistration.nic.in|
|SSC Official Website||ssc.nic.in|
SSC CGL 2016 Posts
Name of Posts for which SSC CGL 2016 Exam is conducted are given below.
Click here to view or download SSC CGL 2016 Posts.
- Group-B: A Central Civil post carrying the following grade pay :- Rs.5400, Rs.4800, Rs.4600 and Rs.4200 in the scale of pay of Rs 9300 – 34800 in the Pay Band-2
- Group-C: A Central Civil post carrying the following grade pay :- Rs.2800, Rs.2400, Rs.2000, Rs.1900 and Rs.1800 in the scale of pay of Rs.5200-20200 in the Pay Band-1
Important Points for SSC CGL 2016 Exam
- Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing Identity Proof in original such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card to the examination center, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
- There will be NO INTERVIEW as it has been dispensed.
- SSC CGLE TIER I & TIER II will be conducted on OMR Sheet i.e. Pan & Paper Based Mode of Exam although Commission has said that there may be change in MODE OF EXAM i.e. there can be changes in the scheme of examination such as conduct of Tier-I and Tier-II examination in COMPUTER BASED MODE.
- TIER-I examination as only qualifying EXAM, final selection of candidates will be done on performance based in TIER II & Skill Test Exam.
SSC CGL 2016 Application Fee
SSC CGL 2016 Application fee is Rs.100/- although all women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee, as per extant government orders.
SSC CGL 2016 Eligibility
- Nationality/Citizenship: A candidate must be either: a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age: The age limits has been different for different Posts, Minimum age for some posts is set 18 & maximum age for some posts is set up to 32 years. Relaxation in age is given as per the candidates’ category.
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University.
SSC CGL 2016 Scheme of the Examination
The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGLE 2016 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SSC CGLE 2016 Syllabus & Exam Pattern for the Posts, SSC CGL 2016 Exam is being conducted is given below.
Click here to view or download SSC CGL 2016 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SSC CGLE 2016 Centres of Examination
Centres of Examination for SSC CGLE 2016 which will be conducted on all India basis is given below.
Click here to view or download SSC CGL 2016 Exam Centres
How to Apply SSC CGL 2016 Exam
Interested & eligible candidates are required to arrange the scanned copies of necessary document first then go to SSC website ssc.nic.in & register. The registration process is completed in two parts i.e. Part –I Registration & Part – II Registration. In Part I Registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. In the Part II Registration candidates need to make payment either through Bank Challan or Online Mode. Those candidates, who intended to pay online, can go directly to Part II Registration where they need to upload list of necessary documents. After completion of Part I Registration, candidates should retain registration number assigned to them on line for correspondence with the commission.
Note: Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
List of Important Documents to Apply Online
Candidates are advised to arrange the scan copies of below listed document before starting apply online for SSC CGLE 2016.
- Recently taken scanned photograph in 8 – bit JPG format. The digital size of the file must be less than 12 kb and greater than 4 kb and of resolution 100 pixel widths by 120 pixels height.
- Scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of the file must be less than 12 kb and greater than 1 kb and of resolution 140 pixel width by 60 pixels height.
SSC CGL 2016 Admit Card
Admit Card for the SSC CGL 2016 TIER I & II examination can be downloaded only through SSC website ssc.nic.in. There will be no other mean to get or receive the admit card. Date of announcement for downloading the admit card will be announced before the examination date i.e. 8th May 2016.
SSC CGL 2016 Selection Process
After the Written Examination and the Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test/Document verification wherever applicable, the Commission will draw up the All India Merit List for each category of post. As many candidates as are found by the Commission to have qualified in the Examination shall be recommended for appointment for each category of post up to the number of vacancies available, taking into consideration option for the posts.