The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published a recruitment notification of Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination, 2018. Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2018 (Tier-I) from 25.07.2018 to 20.08.2018 for selecting candidates for Tier-II examination for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations. Subject to administrative / public exigencies, final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination to specific categories of posts would be according to the confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/ Department/Office/Cadres before declaration of results. The details are given below:
ELIGIBILITY (As on 01.08.2018)
- AAO: All Graduates Eligible
- Junior Statistical Officer: 60% marks in Maths at 12th level or bachelors degree with Statistics as one of the subjects
- All other posts: All Graduates are eligible
- Final year candidates are eligibleprovided they get the EQ by the cut-off date 01.08.2018
AGE LIMIT (As on 01.August.2018)
- Up to 30 years: AAO (Audit + Accounts), ASO (CSS, IB, MoR, MEA, AFHQ, Other Ministries), Inspectors (ITI, Examiners, PO, Cen Ex. Insp. DoP), AEO, SI_CBI, DA, SI-NIA.
- Up to 27 Years: Assistants (Other Ministries), Inspector (CBN), Auditors, Jr-Accountants, SSA/UDC, TA (CBDT, CBEC), SI-CBN
- Up to 32 Years: Junior Statistical Officers
- Age relaxation as per Govt. norms.
- Age limit will be reckoned as on 1st August 2018
(i) For Post for which age limit is 20-27 years He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1991 and not later than 01.08.1998
(ii) For Post for which age limit is 18-27 years He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1991 and not later than 01.08.2000
(iii) For Post for which age limit is 20-30 years He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1998
(iv) For Post for which age limit is upto 30 years He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.2000
(v) For Post for which age limit is upto 32 years He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1986 and not later than 01.08.2000
- Gen/OBC: 100 /-
- SC / ST / PH / Women: NIL
- Fee Can be paid through online modeby using a credit or debit card or net banking or Offline E Challan Mode at State Bank of India
- Date of Advt.: 05.05.2018
- Start Date: 05.05.2018
- Last Date: 04.06.2018
- Tier-I Exam Date: 25-07-2018 to 20-08-2018
- Tier-II Date: TBN
- Tier-III Date: To be notified later
For posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Examiner, Preventive Officers, Inspector in Center Excise and Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines Computer Proficiency Test has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification
Salary and PayScale:
Pay Band-II Rs.9300-34800 (pre-revised) with GP of 4800, 4600, 4200
Pay Band-I: Rs. 5200-20200 (pre-revised) with GP of 2800, 2400
Tier-I: Computer Based Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
(60 Minutes, 100 Questions, 200 Marks)
Tier-II: Computer Based Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Paper 1: Quantitative Aptitude (120 Minutes, 100 Questions, 200 Marks )
Paper 2: English (120 Minutes, 200 Questions, 200 Marks )
Paper 3: Statistics (120 Minutes, 100 Questions, 200 Marks )
Paper 4: AAO (120 Minutes, 100 Questions, 200 Marks )
Tier-III: Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Letter /Application Writing)
Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test / DEST(wherever applicable) + Document Verification
Detailed Exam Pattern and Syllabus will be provided in Important Links as separate PDF.
Method of Selection: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply online through the official website of SSC from the link provided below.
- There will be Normalization in Tier-1 as well as in Tier-II.
- CBI SI Grade pay Increased to 4600.
- ITI is Still Group C Post.
Click Here To Download the Notification
Click Here To Apply Online